Dark Souls III patch out now, details revealed0 Comments
The next downloadable patch for Dark Souls III has made its way to consoles and PC, bringing with it a few weapon tweaks and some general adjustments.
The bulk of the patch notes concern weapons like the Greatsword and the Winged Knight Twinaxes, though they don't go into detail in exactly how these weapons are affected. Are they better? Are they worse? It will take experimentation to truly figure it out, and if that's not blueprint Dark Souls than we don't know what is.
The patch also fixes a bug where some locations disallowed the use of multiple items after finishing the game, though anyone who's already finished the game might not be worried about it. The full patch notes per IGN are below:
- Performance adjustment for Greatsword
- Battle performance adjustment for Dancer’s Enchanted Sword, Winged Knight Twinaxes
- Performance adjustment for Soul’s Greatsword, and Farron Flashsword
- Fix for issue where multiple items become impossible to use at Road of Sacrifices, Farron Keep, Cathedral of the Deep after clearing the game.
- General balance adjustments and bug fixes
Could patch notes be any more non-specific? They're basically saying "hey, we adjusted something about the Greatsword, good luck figuring it out!" Then again, I don't think Dark Souls players would have it any other way, so these notes are spot on. Good luck Souls players, you're going to need it.