King of Fighters XIV launches August 23 in the US, August 25 in Japan0 Comments
King of Fighters XIV has received its long-awaited release date, after being revealed last year at the Sony Computer Entertainment Press Conference during the 2015 Tokyo Game Show. SNK Playmore is bringing on Yasuyuki Oda, best known as the fight director for Street Fighter IV, for the first time working with the King of Fighters franchise.
King of Fighters is known for having a larger character roster than many other fighting games, and SNK has confirmed that there will be an impressive 50 character roster lining up for the fourteenth entry in the series. The full list below doesn't count bosses, but it has been confirmed that the second-to-last boss will be named Antonov.
- China Team: Shun’ei, Tung Fu Rue, Meitenkun
- Japan Team: Kyo Kusanagi, Benimaru Nikaido, Goro Daimon
- Official Invitation Team: Sylvie, Kukri, Mian
- South America Team: Nelson, Zarina, Bandeiras
- Yagami Team: Iori Yagami, Vice, Mature
- Kim Team: Kim Kaphwan, Gang-Il, Luong
- Mexico Team: Ramon, Angel, King of Dinosaurs
- Another World Team: Nakoruru, Mui Mui, Love Heart
- Villains Team: Xanadu, Chang Koehan, Choi Bounge
- K’ Team: K’, Kula Diamond, Maxima
- Ikari Team: Ralph Jones, Clark Still, Leona Heidern
- South Town Team: Geese Howard, Billy Kane, Hein
- Fatal Fury Team: Terry Bogard, Joe higasi, Andy Bogard
- Women Fighters Team: King, Mai Shiranui, Alice
- Psycho Soldier Team: Athena Asamiya, Sie Kensou, Chin Gentsai
- Art of Fighting Team: Ryo Sakazaki, Robert Garcia, Yuri Sakazaki
You can pick up King of Fighter XIV for PlayStation 4 on August 23 in North America, and August 25 in Japan. Pre-orders will net you a classic Kyo skin from the Orochi Saga.