Road Rash spiritual successor aims for late Summer release0 Comments
Dark Seas Interactive's Road Redemption looks like it's finally getting a full release date, after having spent over a year and a half in Early Access on Steam. It has become a fairly high-functioning Early Access game for sure, but it'll be great to have the spiritual successor to Road Rash in mint condition and ready to tear down the highway.
After going radio-silent for the past several months, Dark Seas Interactive have released a detailed outline of their plans leading up to the game's full release on PC in late Summer 2016. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions are currently being worked on as well, but there is no update as to when we might see those. The team has made a wealth of improvements both to the user interface of the menus and store, as well as revamped the weapon system to let players focus on their ideal tool of mayhem. Here's the full list of what they've been working on:
- Improved bike driving and physics
- Revamped enemy AI
- Entirely new user interface
- New weapon upgrade system
- Unlockable bikes and riders
- Better missions with greater variety
- Story Integration
- Updated levels with more routes to drive
- Improved visuals of enemies and vehicles
- Several new enemy types including challenging late level enemies
- Boss fights
- Splitscreen co-op improvements
- Online multiplayer!
You can follow Road Redemption's progress on its Kickstarter page, which I'll be keeping a close eye on as I await any news of a console release.